Tuesday, October 4, 2011

report

OK so I've been aggregating for about a week, and this is what we have: about a week's worth of articles...not much, you might say. What's the point, you might say. I can say, you're right, I'm not sure the point. You may know that I hope to make a site connected to all things Africa, languages, music, resources, blogs, etc. That has yet to really start. The news aggregation end of it is interesting, but already takes up 10-15 min. a day, more than I really have. I think about it much more, of course; I'm loving it.

It puts me in touch with the biggest newspapers, like turning the pages of the New York Times. It educates me about the news and the corners of the continent. It's relaxing (like reading the newspaper), free & fairly easy to do.

But I would need help to really make it work, as an aggregating service and/or as an online resource. If I do it myself, it will probably be somewhat weak for years.

That may be ok though. Anyone who would like to join me, feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment