Saturday, June 9, 2012

I write this post as I suspend operations on the main africahub website because I am moving to Lubbock, Texas in mid-July. I've just become too busy to keep up the maybe twenty minutes per night that I'd put into it for what, about ten months. It was fun; I liked it; I learned a lot, but I couldn't keep it up. I've always had dreams about it (this was called collective because one dream was that several or many people would help with it; this clearly hasn't happened). I dreamed that it would be an extensive resource on all things African; I'm especially interested in Africa's languages and music. Even to have a relatively organized place to find information on each individual country would be nice. Maybe this stuff will appear in the future. But at the moment, I'm very busy just doing what I have to in order to move. When the dust settles (in Lubbock) - maybe you'll see me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment